I am at it again.
Since I was growing luffa sponges in my garden I realized that I have too many (7 larges ones and 1 really small one) to use myself and needed to find something to do with them.
So now have a new hobby…Soap making. If you have not realized by now I must stay busy.
This is another thing that I thought was easier than it actually is. It is not rocket science but you need accurate measurements, timing, and GREAT equipment.
So far I have made 3 batches, the first 2, although technically correct, did not come out looking good or what I envisioned.
Batches 1 and 2…..The soap on the left was mixed with red and blue color which should have made purple. I do not know how it became green. The soap on the right was suppose to have a slightly darker shade of green but it is more pastel and there is a yellow layer that is barely visible. The shorter soap on the end is just left overs.
This peachy colored on is the batch that I made Monday evening. There are tiny air bubbles in it but other than that it came out pretty good.
Thanks for visiting!
PS – I apologize for not responding to recent comments I will be answering very soon.
You must be logged in to post a comment.