Blog Archives

Its Been Awhile

It’s been a minute or two since my last post. I have been busy and just put blogging to the aside.

One of the things I have been working on is completing my deck. I start this deck about 2 years ago and each year I have added something to it.

This year I painted the trellis and made a walkway with a “dock” on the end. At this point the only things left to do is stain the floor, widen the deck area for the BBQ and decorate.

Now last thing to do is stain the deck floor.

… almost

When the dock was made I was envisioning a pond. So that’s what happened next. Not one pond but 2.

There is so much life going on at the pond already. More pics coming soon.

Thanks for visiting!

It Has Begun

As some of you may recall, I like to do DIY projects. 

Last year I built a deck with 4 post attached with future plans to but a pergola on it.  Well the time has come, it now has a top.

Built July 2019
It still needs some more slats added to it…but its a pergula!

This was done Saturday. 

While the guys were working on the deck I was busy making an outdoor sofa.

That’s my sister-in-law making use of the sofa already.

I learned several things. The most important ones are that I can do anything I set my mind too and that I can not cut straight lines with a hand saw. So I was in need of a new toy….

I am hoping to break this in today. Got a bit of reading to do first on proper usage…. then look out!😀

Thanks for visiting!

A Little DIY Project

On Pinterest I saw a lot of DIY birdbath ideas that looked fairly simple to make. So this evening I decided to make one.

My goal was to take photos of each step but once you are in a flow you sometimes forget to pause to take a pic of the progress.

What I used:

  • 4 plastic flower pots
  • PVC pipe about 2 1/2 feet (left from a past project).
  • Metal serving tray
  • Spray paint (left from a past project)
  • Gorilla glue
  • Gravel & a few stone for a fish tank

I think if you bought all the items you would spend approximately $20.00/$25.00. The gravel and stone choices will vary the price a bit.

I spent a total of $11.00 for this project. Most of the stuff I already had left over from other projects.

I drilled a 1 inch hole in the bottom of the pots then I painted them.

While I waited for them to dry I put the PVC in the ground about 6 inches.

Now that the pots have dried I put them over the PVC and glued them together.

Once I was satisfied with that, I put the serving tray on top and glued to the top of the flower pot.

Now it is time to add the gravel, stone, and water.

Tomorrow I will add some touchup paint to cover where the glue dripped and take a picture from the top so you can see the gravel and stone I used.

I will be putting mulch and edging around it to make it stand out a bit more.

Thanks for visiting!

%d bloggers like this: