I was awarded the Starlight Blogger Award back in July by Gale over at “Living Life Day by Day“. I do have a tendency to procrastinate when I do not have a deadline but eventually it gets done. I did not intend to take this long however.
The Starlight Blogger Award was created to highlight and promote inspirational bloggers and their blogs by NickysdayWithAutism.
There are a few basic rules:
- Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 3 questions that are given to you.
- Pass the award on to 6 or more other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Include the logo of the award on your blog, please never alter the logo and never change the rules.
Here are the questions that Gale asked of the people she nominated:
- What was the most life changing moment in your life?
- How did someone unexpectedly help you just when you desperately needed it most?
- Where do you find your inspiration to write?
- I actually have 2 life changing moments and they were both when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. This was devastating to say the least. I am not going to dwell on the negative emotions that were engulfing me at the time but I will celebrate the joy/pleasure that came out of it. Photography is one of the things that I discovered and it became my escape from the negativity that I was feeling. It also, over time, made me realize just how strong I really was. I am now 12 years free of cancer.
- How did someone help me when I needed help? This is a bit difficult since I rarely share my bad times with other. But I will have to say my cousin Nikki help more with her words of encouragement when it was needed most.
- I am altering this slightly to what is my inspiration for photography. Life around me is my inspiration. Every moment is an opportunity to capture moments to reflect on later.
My 3 questions for all that wish to participate:
- Why did you become a blogger?
- Outside of your family and friends what inspires you to continue to move forward?
- If you we granted one wish to do something over what would it be?
Make sure you send a link to my page so that I can review your responses.
Thanks in advance to all that participate.
A couple of my new blog friends. gracefully50 and A Pakistani Boy, have been blogging about colors and I thought that I would show my support for color. It is spring and a lot of flowers will begin to bloom. I love flowers they (most of them) send a beautiful fragrant in the air. Most people smile when they receive flowers.
Here are some colorful pictures of flowers that I have taken over the past couple of years.
I will be updating with more colors tomorrow, it is getting late here now. Let me know what you thing about the colors/flowers.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
Not exactly a flower but what the hect…
As promised here are the additional flowers.
Thanks for the “LIKES” and comments!
I have been chosen as winner of The Versatile Blogger Award by Melanie from sweetsimpleliving. I was surprised, excited and very much thankful for Melanie’s support. To be chosen as a Winner has made me feel more determined to Blog. As a winner it was my responsibility to choose 5-15 bloggers that I thought should receive this award. That was a very hard decision since I have not been blogging for too long/ I went on a hut for a few days reading various blogs on many different topics. Here are my choices for The Versatile Blogger Award:
Jo who blogs on asis, Jo’s blogs are about her adventures in interior design and “Junk Hunting”. I too am a junk hunter (one man’s trash is another’s treasure). She shows you how to put things together that you would not ordinarily do. Jo also loves to read and she is pushing herself to do a first draft of a novel in a month. Let’s give her our support…..
Jaclyn Rae who blogs Jaclyn Rae’s Blog When I read my first blog of hers I instantly felt a connection with her words, with her. You can feel the emotions that she expressed with each letter that she typed. It felt like the song Killing Me Softly by Roberta Flack.
Supermomplus blogs Supermomplus. When I read her blog I remembered when I was raising my kids and how my life revolved around their lives no matter what I needed to do, I had to consider them first. Her words are to the point like a mom needs them to be. She talks about potty training and being proud of her son for being independent in making friends with a boy because of who the boy was and not following what others say or do.
So there you have it, folks! Those are my picks for The Versatile Blogger Award!
In order to accept the award, each of these blogs must complete the following steps:
a. Write a post accepting the award and show the award’s image.
b. List seven random, quirky facts about yourself – things that probably haven’t already come up in your blog posts.
c. Pass the award on to 5-15 other blogs, ones that you already follow or for which you solicit invitations.
And that’s it! The goal of the award is not only to highlight the best of the blogging world, but also to bring us all closer together. Please take the time to visit and read these fantastic blogs.
Congratulations to all the winners! And thank you again, Melanie, from Sweet Simple Living who was gracious enough to pass on the award to me and now I have the opportunity to do the same!