Blog Archives

They Did It!

The squirrels have done it now!   They have climbed up a narrow pole, as if they are tight rope walkers, for a while now to feast on the birds food. Today one of them broke the feeder…

Now I need to find another one that they can’t break and figure out what I can get for them so that they can leave the bird feeders for the birds.

Thanks for visiting!

Red-bellied Woodpecker

It was a bit hard to get a really good shot of this Woodpecker, he was very flighty and fast. 

Here is some information on the Red-bellied Woodpecker

Thanks for visiting!

Northern Cardinals

Male Cardinal
Female Cardinal

Here is some information on the Northern Cardinals

Thanks for visiting!

Framed by Nature

I was once again snapping some pics of birds on the feeder when I noticed something moving in the trees.

I looked up I see this beauty….

…she was just browsing in the trees.

Thanks for visiting! 

 

A Bit of Bird watching Today

I hope that you all are well!

It’s been a while since my last post, not sure where the time went. 

I did a little bit of bird watching today.

Hummingbird
What you looking at!?

Bird of the Day

Thanks for visiting!

Throwback Thursday

This was taken August 1, 2017 at the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge.

Thanks for visiting!

A Little Bashful

Finally saw a Woodpecker but he/she is a little shy.

After he left this tree he flew to a swing and started to do some acrobatics.

Thanks for visiting!

Mohawk

Thanks for visiting!

A Little DIY Project

On Pinterest I saw a lot of DIY birdbath ideas that looked fairly simple to make. So this evening I decided to make one.

My goal was to take photos of each step but once you are in a flow you sometimes forget to pause to take a pic of the progress.

What I used:

  • 4 plastic flower pots
  • PVC pipe about 2 1/2 feet (left from a past project).
  • Metal serving tray
  • Spray paint (left from a past project)
  • Gorilla glue
  • Gravel & a few stone for a fish tank

I think if you bought all the items you would spend approximately $20.00/$25.00. The gravel and stone choices will vary the price a bit.

I spent a total of $11.00 for this project. Most of the stuff I already had left over from other projects.

I drilled a 1 inch hole in the bottom of the pots then I painted them.

While I waited for them to dry I put the PVC in the ground about 6 inches.

Now that the pots have dried I put them over the PVC and glued them together.

Once I was satisfied with that, I put the serving tray on top and glued to the top of the flower pot.

Now it is time to add the gravel, stone, and water.

Tomorrow I will add some touchup paint to cover where the glue dripped and take a picture from the top so you can see the gravel and stone I used.

I will be putting mulch and edging around it to make it stand out a bit more.

Thanks for visiting!

%d bloggers like this: